Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sea World!


We just got back from our family vacation to San Antonio. We spent the majority of our time at Sea World. The first day was an extended family trip with my mom and dad; my sister Melinda, her husband Phil, and their daughter Juliana, and my sister in law Jamie. The next day it was just our family.




We were a little bit worried about how the kids would hold up because it was so hot and because they hadn't gotten much sleep, but they were both troopers and I think they had a blast. Emily was so excited to ride the Shamu kiddie roller coaster and she also rode the log ride with Jason and a few other rides. She loved all of them! I told Jason that in a few years, she'll love going on all of the crazy roller coasters with him. Jacob got to ride on the ferris wheel and he loved it.


The Shamu show was neat, but I think that our favorite show was Viva! which was a show with a beluga whale and Pacific north white dolphins. Emily just kept saying "Wow" over and over again.



The Pirates 4D movie was NOT a hit with Emily. They announced at the beginning that some of the scenes and special effects might be scary for young children, but she is so tough that we figured she'd be fine. When bees and spiders started coming at her and her seat started buzzing, it was a little bit too much for her. We got a long lecture for her about how we should not have taken her to that and that it was too scary for kids!



By the end of day two, we were all sunburned and worn out, but we're so glad we opted to buy the season passes and we can't wait to go back again!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you got to go to Sea World. It is a fun place. And Cute pictures. And I just tried the typing test and didn't do as well as I thought I would. I also want to say thanks watching Lauren.

Afton said...

How fun! Glad you had a good time, even with the 3D movie experience. We all went to see the Bug's Life Movie at Disney's California Adventure and I absolutely hated it. The seat was "crawling" and the bugs coming at me and spiders falling from the celing...it sounds like I would have felt the same way about the Pirates movie as your daughter did!