I can't believe how fast Jacob is growing up, but I try not to think about it because when I do, it makes me so sad that my "baby" is getting so big.
Jacob is a very friendly and social little guy. I love that when we go out to run errands or to the playground, he smiles and waves at everyone. He talks so much and says the cutest things and you would never believe that he had speech delays early on.
He loves his daycare friends, but this year has been an adjustment for him because he went from having all the older girls (there were three five year olds who went to kindergarten this year) who "mothered" him to being the oldest kid there.
A big accomplishment for us this year was when we finished potty training. The whole process was actually quick and easy because he basically decided himself that he was ready and once he decided, there was basically no turning back for him!
He absolutely loves his big sister. The first question he asks when he gets up in the morning is "Is Emmy awake yet?" He loves it when she reads to him, plays games with him, and lets him play in her room. I love that they get along so well...most of the time!
Here are a few "fun" things that I love about this age with Jacob right now:
When he wakes up in the morning, he crawls up on my lap and wants to snuggle. He also wants snuggle time before he goes to bed at night and lately, he's been crawling in our bed at night claiming to have had a bad dream for more snuggles. I know this stage probably won't last much longer, so I cherish all these hugs while I can!
When I pick him up from daycare, he always says, "Mom, can I tell you about my day?" I love the stories and love that he is so eager to share!
He is all boy and loves running around, pretending to be Buzz Lightyear, playing with his cars, and playing with his trains. He just got some new tools and a workbench for Christmas and it's been fun to watch him pretend to fix things around the house. He's also been having a great time with the marshmallow gun he got Jason for Christmas (before Jason even had a chance to open it, he blurted out - "Daddy, I got you a marshmallow gun and we can share it!!")
He is a total chocoholic (I'm guessing he gets that from me...) He goes into stealth mode and steals whatever candy he can get his hands on (Emily has lost more than a few goody bags from birthday parties this way). Here are a few pictures in case you don't believe me.
We are so grateful to have this sweet little boy in our family and can't wait to see what 2011 holds!



2 comments:
I can't believe how big Jacob is getting. He and Emily are both cuties!
hiya Melissa! very cute! :D
Post a Comment