Thursday, March 27, 2008

I don't want to snuggle with you!

At about 4:30 this morning, Emily informed us that her bed was wet. I am usually up by that time, but this morning, I had decided to sleep in a little bit and I just wasn't in the mood to change sheets, so I told her that she could come down and lay in our bed.

Emily has an entourage of stuffed animals that go wherever she goes. She has her monkey that she has had for about 3 years now and the rest of the crew varies. Right now it consists of a stuffed unicorn, a stuffed dog, and a stuffed bear as well. We have a king size bed, but sometimes it's close quarters with just Jason and I, so I tried to convince her that her crew didn't need to come and that perhaps she could just bring monkey with her. Her response was, "But mom, I love them!" Trying to reason with a 3 year old is not easy at any time and it is especially not easy at 4:30 in the morning. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "I know you love them, but they will be fine in your bed. They're used to your bed. They might get scared if they are in a different place."

Emily: "But mom, I need them."

Me: "Why do you need them?"

Emily: "I like to snuggle with them."

Me: "Well, you can snuggle with me and monkey instead."

Emily: "No thank you mom (hey at least she was polite!)....I don't want to snuggle with YOU!"

She is my little free spirit who speaks her mind and right now it constantly cracks me up! I'm sure it will not be as cute when the teen years roll around.

1 comment:

Afton said...

Hey, what a happy surprise to find your blog today! I just realized google analytics tells me who has my site linked to theirs. Anyway, how have you been? I notice you are reading the new Sophie Kinsella book. I am waiting for it from the library (I'm #116 out of 153) but I may just break down and buy it at Costco if I run out of other stuff to read.

Have a great day!