I remember when I was a kid hearing the phrase "little pigs have big ears" but not really understanding what it meant. I'm quickly learning that when you're a parent (and especially the parent of a three year old), you have to really think about everything you're saying because it might come back to haunt you.
Emily's favorite phrase these days is "unpropriate." Here are some examples for you. When Jacob grabbed the remote off of the end table in our family room, she shook her finger at him and said, "Jacob Miles...that's unpropriate." When the dog went running through the house, she shook her finger at her and said, "Zoey, that's unpropriate." If she gets upset at me or doesn't like something I say, she will shake her finger at me and say "Mommy....you are so unpropriate."
So, I'm guessing at some point in time (and probably more than once without evening realizing it), I must have told her that something she did was inappropriate. She has since become the rule enforcer of our house letting us all know what is and isn't "propriate." (of course none of these rules apply to her) You gotta love kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment