I am still in shock that my "baby" is now one! Emily was born by emergency c-section and so with Jacob I opted to have a repeat c-section rather than chance having an emergency situation again, so his actual delivery was quick and pretty uneventful. I remember as they were first pulling him out, the doctor said that he had really chubby cheeks. Once he was completely out, I remember hearing her say, "Wow. He's big....really big!" They took Jacob away to get him cleaned up and Jason went with him while they stitched me up. The doctor, anesthesiologist, and nurses were all taking bets trying to figure out what his stats would be and finally someone called down to the nursery to find out. I was as shocked as everyone else when they told me that he was 10 pounds, 6 ounces! I knew he was going to be a big baby, but I didn't expect him to be that big!
Jacob has truly been a blessing to our family. He is such a happy little guy and has been from the very beginning. Whether we are at church, meetings at work, or out running errands, I always get comments about how easygoing he is. I don't think he inherited that quality from either one of his parents, but I sure hope he stays that way!
It has been fun over the past few months to watch him grow up and to see his little personality evolve. He loves his big sister and his face just lights up every time he sees her. He loves toys and will crawl off into his room (or Emmy's room) and just sit and play by himself. He also loves food!
Jacob really enjoyed his birthday. He loved all of his presents (thanks so much to everyone!) and kept trying to figure out how to get to the stuff since it was stuck in the boxes still. I think he enjoyed playing with the bags and the wrapping paper as much as he enjoyed the presents.
He also really enjoyed eating his birthday cake. I remember with Emily, we actually had to help her out with eating her cake so that we could get the typical 1st birthday "messy" pictures, but Jacob didn't waste any time diving right in (literally). By the time he was done, he was covered from head to toe and everywhere in between with frosting.
We are so grateful that this little guy is a part of our family and we can't wait to see what the next year will bring. Happy Birthday Jakey! We love you!!
1 comment:
What cute cake pictures! Doesn't time go by way too fast? Although I wouldn't mind it going a little faster while they are in the "get into everything" phase.
Post a Comment