Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mr. Determined


This morning, I was sitting at the table eating breakfast and feeding Jacob. I stopped to let the dog out when I heard a loud crash. I turned and my glass was on the floor. Jacob was in his high chair which used to be a "safe" place for him.
My new nickname for this little guy is "Mr. Determined." He does not let size or the fact that he is not yet walking stop him from getting something when he sets his mind to it. If they gave prizes for the fastest (and quietest) crawler, he would probably win. He also manages to find ways to climb, get up on his tippy toes, and reach, reach reach.
The breakfast disaster this morning was the second one in a week. On his birthday, I had him in the high chair and I was ready to feed him breakfast and I realized that I had forgotten a spoon. I went to grab it when I heard a crash. His breakfast was all over the floor and the bowl it was in was broken. I'm not sure we have enough dishes to survive his toddler years!
I'm hoping that his determination will take him far in life, but in the meantime, I'm just trying to be patient (and having to watch him like a hawk every second!).

No comments: