Friday, June 13, 2008

The saga of Maleficent....

Emily has loved Sleeping Beauty for awhile now and for some reason, Aurora is her favorite princess. I'm not sure why because I never liked that movie as a kid. I always thought it was kind of "dark." If I had to pick a favorite princess, it would be "Belle" or "Ariel." But...to each their own, and Emily is definitely an individual.

For her birthday, she got Aurora and Prince Phillip dolls from her Aunt Andrea, Uncle Jeremy, and cousins Ally and Kaitlyn. She also got a Barbie doll that she decided to name "Maleficent" (who, if you are not up on Sleeping Beauty lingo, is the "bad guy" in the movie). Since then, (and Jason's mom can attest to this from the time she was here), we have spent countless hours re-enacting Aurora being led up the stairs in the castle and pricking her finger on the spinning wheel.

Today Emily decided to shake things up a little and decided to throw a birthday party for Maleficent. I know what you're thinking....a birthday party for the bad guy? I have no idea where she gets it from! She went to a birthday party earlier today for a friend from preschool and decided that everyone, even bad guys, deserve a change to have a birthday party. I guess I should just be grateful for the change in story line!

No comments: