Sunday, January 4, 2009

I feel like a woman!



Emily was very excited to get her CTR ring at church today. On the way home, she said, "Mom, I feel like a woman!" That caught me a bit off guard. I asked her what she meant and she said that she gets to wear jewelry now, so she feels like a woman. It cracked me up.

Tonight when she came down for dinner, she said, "Mom, did you make my favorite for dinner?" Emily's "favorite" varies from day to day, so I asked what she meant and she said, "Macaroni and cheese, of course." She was very disappointed when she found out that was NOT what we were having. I guess I could have saved a lot of time adn had a much happier kid by whipping up a batch of mac & cheese instead!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

So cute! I can't believe how old she is getting!

Chad, Shannon and the boys said...

What a cute thing to say. For her birthday you'll have to get her some jewelry.

Afton said...

I remember when I was a kid I used to ask my mom what was for dinner. She'd tell me and I'd have no idea what it was so I'd ask "do I like it?" She'd always say "yes" and somehow she was always right.

Now that I'm a mom, I really wished my kids would believe me when I tell them they will like something.

Lara said...

Jacob loved his ring too and kept it on for days. I finally convinced him to let me hold it for safe keeping.