Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shoe loving boy!

Jacob is going through a phase right now where he LOVES shoes. We're at that phase right now where of course when you're already running late and ready to walk out the door expecting your shoes to be by the door where they usually are, you can't find them or can only find one because he's been wearing them around the house!

From the time when he first gets up in the morning to the time when he goes to bed, he has to have some sort of shoe on his feet.

I figure that he will be outgrowing his current tennis shoes pretty soon and so I found some cute ones on Amazon that I ordered for him and we got them yesterday. I was putting things away this morning and set them outside of his door so I could put them in his room when he woke up. Of course, that was the first thing he noticed when he woke up. I could hear a rustling by the trash can and was frantic trying to figure out what he was throwing away that he shouldn't be or what he was pulling out of the trash (he loves to do both) and saw him pulling the paper out of his shoes so he could wear them (such a smart kid!)

Of course, this was followed by him following me around the house saying "Shoe shoe" begging me to put them on....



Here he is checking his shoe out to make sure that all the paper is gone!

2 comments:

The Whites said...

That is so adorable how much he loves his new shoes!

Lyle and Jaime said...

Hi Melissa,
This is your cousin Lyle. My son Cohen loves shoes also. He cannot stand wearing them in the house but he likes to have many different options once it is time to go outside. Deanna gave me your blog address. It looks like you guys are doing great. Does Reed and his wife have a blog? Good seeing you and and your adorable family.

Lyle