Between Emily's 5th birthday last weekend and her preschool graduation today (I need to post pictures, but I always forget to bring my camera upstairs so I can get them off the card!), I am realizing how quickly time flies and as I was stuck in traffic this afternoon, I had time to think about that and I realized that I need to spend more time taking in those precious little moments.
So, here are a few of the little things that touched my heart today:
*When I went out tonight to go run errands and Jacob came running up to me and said, "I wanna ride in mama's car." He goes around all of the time saying that he wants to ride in Daddy's truck, so it was nice for once to have him want to ride with me.
*Listening to the kids playing so well in Emily's room this afternoon and listening to Jacob follow Emily around saying "Sissy, sissy." (he hasn't been able to get "Emily" yet, so we taught him to say "Sissy" and he LOVES being able to call Emily something now!)
*Having Emily come and want to snuggle with me during "Nap time" (when I'm home, even I take advantage of nap time!)
*Seeing Emily up on the stage singing her heart out with no inhibitions....I hope that confidence stays with her for a long time!
*Hearing Jacob say "I love momma" and "I love dadda"
*Seeing my parents with all of their grandkids today
No comments:
Post a Comment