Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Emily's 1st day of school!

Yesterday was Emily's first day of school.  I can't believe that she started first grade - the time is flying by!  We met her teacher last week and we both loved her.  I think it's going to be a great year.  I took this picture from my cell phone before I left for work yesterday morning.


Jason took this picture from his phone when he dropped her off in the classroom.  Look at that smile!

Here's Emily outside the school with her friend Kaitlyn.  (Thanks Jennie for the picture - there are definitely some "perks" to working in education but having to miss my own kid's first day of school is not one of them)

Emily couldn't tell us much about her first day other than that it was "good" and that she saw her teacher and some of her friends from kindergarten.  She was pretty worn out by the time she got home!

3 comments:

Marci said...

She looks so cute! I can't believe we have 1st graders!!!

Andrea said...

Such a big girl! Love the outfit :)

Diane said...

It feels so sad to realize it has now been a year since I have seen all of you and got to see her first day of kindergarten. She's growing up too fast!