Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lions, tigers, and bears - OH MY!

I've been wanting to take the kids to the zoo for awhile now, but every time I make plans to take them, it seems like something else comes up. A few weeks ago, there was a "free" day, so Jamie and I took the kids and they had a blast even if it was 100 plus degrees outside!

Emily loves monkeys and had fun posing with this gorilla (Jacob was scared of him).  She was a little bit disappointed in the "real" monkeys, though, and thought they were kind of boring.

The reptile exhibit was one of Emily's favorite exhibits at the zoo.  We happened to get there when they were feeding the pythons, which was a bit disturbing for the rest of us, but Emily was mesmerized.  The goats were her second favorite thing.  She just loved brushing them and they just sat there and enjoyed it!  Jacob would only get close to the goats if I was there holding his hand and/or the brush, so I didn't get any pictures of him with the goats.
Both kids loved the lion water fountain!

Other highlights included the giraffes, lions, and baby elephant.  Emily thought the grizzly bear was "cute."  I hadn't been to the zoo in years and really enjoyed it, too!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

FUN! Loving seeing the pictures of the three of you! Miss you!