
You may have noticed the Widget on my site with the countdown to the release of Breaking Dawn, the latest book by Stephenie Meyer. I discovered the Twilight series last summer. We were going on vacation to visit Jason's family and Afton told me how much she enjoyed the first two books. We were at a Deseret Bookstore and I saw a copy of Twilight on sale, so I bought it and I was hooked! Jason got me the next two books in the series, New Moon and Eclipse, for my birthday (I know that might seem like a strange birthday gift to some people, but you have to understand how much I love reading).
I read The Host when it came out and I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Breaking Dawn. I pre-ordered it several months ago (when I ordered The Host). In the past, when I have pre-ordered books from Amazon.com, I have always received them on their release date, so I was very disappointed last night when I logged in to check the status of my order and saw that it wasn't going to be shipped until August 6th?!? Jason knew how much I had been looking forward to reading the book, so he stayed up until midnight and went out and bought me a copy. What a great husband! (I'm sure he's regretting it now because I've had a hard time putting it down today). I'm loving it so far.
My mom, sister, sister in law, and several friends are hooked on the series now, too, and we can't wait to have a girls night out to see the movie in December. If you haven't started reading the series yet, you should check it out - it's great! (and if anyone wants an extra copy of Breaking Dawn, let me know....my Amazon copy should be here later this week)
3 comments:
So, did you finish it yet? I wanted to finish so badly last night, mostly because my house was falling down around me, but also because I wanted to find out what happened. But I just could not keep my eyes open. Finally with about 30 pages left to go, I went to bed and finished this morning when I woke up. I enjoyed reading much more when I was fully awake.
I won't tell you what I thought about it until I know you are finished though...don't want to give anything away.
I actually didn't read at all yesterday. My son threw up all day yesterday so I didn't get much done. I read a little bit this morning and I am only about halfway done (but I will admit that I skipped ahead a few times because the suspense was killing me!)
Post a Comment