The past three nights I have been up much later than I have been in quite some time (I'm thinking that New Year's Eve was the last time I was up that late). I'm pretty sure that the last time I was up that late three nights in a row was when I was single!
Tuesday night, I finally went to see Twilight. I had heard so many mixed reviews about the movie (more negative than positive), so I didn't go in with really high expectations. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. The acting could have definitely used work in some areas. There were a few parts were I couldn't help but laugh out loud (and not because they were intended to be funny parts in the movie). The makeup in some cases was just over the top, especially in several scenes with Jasper and Carlisle. The guy that played Jasper just looked all around creepy and reminded me of the clown from the movie It. With Jasper hanging around, how could the Cullens NOT stand out as being odd?? I couldn't help but laugh at the part where Edward was glistening in the sun, either. It was just a bit much....I guess there are some things that are just better left to the books (or imagination). There were some things that I thought they did a great job with - like the baseball scene!
Wednesday night, my sister in law and I met up for some late night CVS shopping which I shared in a previous post. I got home and had such an adrenaline rush that it took me forever to fall asleep.
Last night, our outlet mall opened at midnight. I got there just before midnight and just in time to run to avoid the news crews. My first stop was Gymboree. They had PJs on sale for $5.99 which is a bargain! A line had formed outside already and it was chaos when they opened the doors. I was glad that I had gone on Wednesday afternoon to scope things out because I knew exactly what I wanted and was able to grab things up and just wait (and wait...and wait). The line curved all the way around the store. I got lucky, though, because I heard that the PJs sold out in 10 minutes at another outlet in the area. After Gymboree, I did a half hearted walk through Children's Place. It wasn't that crowded, but it was a disaster with clothes thrown everywhere and I didn't feel like wading through it. I decided to skip Old Navy when I saw the lines. I checked out Carter's but the lines there were super long, too. I got a few things at Van Heusen and by then it was almost 2, so I decided to head home.
Imagine my surprise when I opened the door and saw Jacob turn the corner to greet me with a big smile on his face. He has had a rough time the past few nights. He does fine during the day, but ends up being super congested by the end of the day and it doesn't help that he's getting 2 new teeth. I took him to the doctor on Wednesday thinking maybe he has another ear infection, but the doctor said his ears were fine and that it's most likely just an upper respirator virus that will have to run its course. Apparently Jason had tried to lay down with him on our bed and Jason had fallen asleep and Jacob managed to sneak away! He was absolutely WIRED (apparently turkey must have a reverse effect on him) and it took me forever to get him to bed!
For some crazy reason, I woke up at 4:15 and decided to head back out to the outlet (the midnight madness sale was going until 6 a.m.). It was great! There were hardly any people and the employees were restocking things. I was in and out of several stores in an hour and knocked out a bunch of Christmas gifts! I attempted to head to Toys 'R Us next, but it was a complete zoo. There wasn't a parking space in sight and there were 20-30 cars driving around trying to catch a spot. There was nothing there I REALLY wanted and so I just decided to head home where, of course, Emily was ready to greet me!
3 comments:
I'm surprised Gymboree was so crazy! Glad I wasn't working!!! I go in tonight though so I'm sure I'll hear all about it :-). Good luck with the rest of your shopping today.
Girl, you have so much energy!! I don't know how you do it but that's cool that you got some good shopping in.
About Twilight, I laughed out loud in a few parts myself. I agree with your comments and to add my own, why did Jacob have to have nasty ratty looking hair??? I didn't mind it being long but I know he would have at least combed it. I think it would have been fun watching Twilight with you since we probably laughed at the same parts.
Post a Comment